Recipe by BamaKathy
I found this on another website. It's the best meal I've ever prepared. I served it with Smashed Potatoes and my Two Squash Saute. Big hit.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup red wine (I use Madeira)
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lawry seasoned pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 ounces portabella mushrooms, thinly sliced (2 or 3 large)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir broth, wine, thyme, black pepper, and garlic powder in a medium bowl until blended.
- Add mushrooms; toss to coat.
- Cover and set aside, tossing occasionally as you cook.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add steaks and cook 5-6 minutes per side for medium, or to desired doneness.
- Remove steaks from skillet onto plate.
- Cover to keep warm.
- Add onions to skillet and saute 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add flour and salt; stirring constantly for one minute.
- Pour mushroom mixture into skillet.
- Stirring occasionally, boil 10 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly and mushrooms are tender.
- Add steaks to sauce and heat one minute.
- Serve immediately.