Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's my favorite, from Spice Islands.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks or 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin, 1/2
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water, cold
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 lb egg noodles
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock cubes or 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- Cut meat into 1/4" strips and brown in butter.
- In a separate pan, saute mushrooms and add to meat. In the separate pan, saute onions and add to meat mixture. Add beef stock.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour.
- At about 40 min., begin to cook noodles.
- Mix corn starch and water in small container and add, stirring rapidly until sauce is thickened.
- Stir in sour cream and dill weed.
- Serve over Paprika Noodles: Drain noodles and p ut in bowl.
- Toss gently with chicken stock base, butter, and paprika.
- Note: Chicken stock base or granular boullion may be very salty.
- Let diners salt and pepper to their own tastes.
- Robert Boston http://home.earthlink.net/~bboston/
I have made this twice and the first time I couldn't get the sauce to thicken and the second time I doubled the corn starch and it came out perfectly, both times it was easy and the flavor was great!!!
I am always looking for a "keeper" stroganoff recipe. This one is it without the paprika noodles. Cut the fat, salt and paprika and plain noodles do the trick. I had to double the amount of cornstarch water probably because I did not have the sauce at a low boil. I also added Kitchen bouquet browning sauce for a nice color.
Great Recipe !! Thanks so much for adding..... I made exactly and it turned out amazingly !!!! Will definitely make again !!! :-)