Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Quick night dinner. Its a version of beef stroganoff gone "wild".
- 1182.95 ml wide egg noodles (8 oz)
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine
- 907.18 g boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 medium onions, thinly sliced (4 cups)
- 709.77 ml beef broth
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml dried rosemary leaves
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 473.18 ml seasoned croutons
- 473.18 ml swiss cheese, shredded (8 oz)
- Pre Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
- In a large frying pan; melt butter over medium-high heat. Add beef, onions and mushrooms; cook about 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is browned on all sides. Make sure the onions are carmelized.
- Spread noodles in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Spoon beef mixture over noodles.
- In the frying pan you used, heat 2 1/2 cups of the broth to boiling over medium-high heat. In small bowl, mix remaining 1/2 cup broth and the flour until smooth. Stir flour mixture into boiling broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly and thickened. Stir in rosemary, salt and pepper. Pour over beef mixture; stir until well blended. Sprinkle with croutons, then cheese.
- .Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until bubbly around edges and cheese is melted.