French Onion Bake
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
1 9 x 13 pan
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices (or French Baguette)
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese (more if you like)
- 1 (3/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix, prepared according to package directions (Lipton is best)
- Preheat oven to 425°F Arrange bread slices on baking sheets and bake 5 minutes per side, until dry and golden. While bread is toasting prepare onion soup. If using dry onion soup - prepare according to package directions.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange half the bread slices in a single layer over bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese and top with remaining bread slices. Pour prepared onion soup over bread and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until bread has absorbed most of the soup and cheese is golden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!