Recipe by Gourmet Gal #2
I freeze portions of the stroganoff before adding the sour cream. Thaw from freezer, reheat and add sour cream.
- 4 -5 lbs round steaks, trim well, slice in noodle strips, 2 inches long
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 (6 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 4 medium onions, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups sour cream
- cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown onions in butter til tender.
- Add round steak and brown.
- Add all remaining ingredients except sour cream.
- Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add sour cream.
- Under low fire, heat. DO NOT BOIL.
- Prepare rice during simmering time.
- Serve over rice (or noodles if you prefer).