2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 50 mins
Found this recipe on the blog Full Bellies, Happy Kids. It's a great cold-weather dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 bacon, slices coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 lbs beef chuck, cut into 1 inch cubes
- salt and black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced 1/4 inch
- 3 celery ribs, sliced 1/4 inch
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2For stew, cook bacon in Dutch oven over medium heat 10 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to paper towels, using slotted spoon. Reserve fat from Dutch oven.
- 3Return 2 tablespoons of reserved fat to Dutch oven. Season beef with salt and pepper. Add to Dutch oven in batches; cook and stir over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to plate; reserve fat in Dutch oven.
- 4Add remaining reserved fat to Dutch oven. Add onion, carrots, celery and garlic; cook and stir over medium heat 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with flour, stir well. Stir in beef, bacon, broth, Worcestershire sauce and thyme; bring to a boil. Cover and pop in oven to bake for 1 1/2 hours or until beef is almost tender.
- 5For biscuits, whisk flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in enough lager to make soft dough. Turn dough onto lightly floured work surface. Roll dough into 9x6 inch rectangle about 1/2 inch thick. Cut into six 3 inch square biscuits.
- 6Remove Dutch oven from oven, increase oven temperature to 400°F Place biscuits over stew, overlapping if needed. Bake 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Pot Pie With Beer Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 782.0
- Calories from Fat 422
- Total Fat 46.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 164.5 mg
- Sodium 937.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 40.1 g