Old-Fashioned Beef Pot Pie
This is a one-dish wonder from Grandma's Best Loved Recipes. Easy to prepare and very filling.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (11 ounce) can condensed beef vegetable barley soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 1⁄3 cups French-fried onions, divided
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large skillet, brown ground beef in large chunks, drain.
- Stir in soup, water, vegetables and seasonings. bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup cheese and 2/3 cup French Fried Onions.
- Pour mixture into 12 x 8 baking dish.
- Cut each biscuit in half, place, cut side down, around edge of casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are done.
- Top with remaining cheese and 2/3 cup French Fried Onions, bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation