Recipe by Potluck
I like to make small pot pies.One is a meal.. They freeze nicely for future meals..My DH loves this beef pot pie full of sirloin and veggies with a nice beef gravy..Can make this into a large pie..I make my own crusts but you may use store bought..Remember to cool filling,very important step...Cube meat small,cook tender....
- 1 lb beef sirloin, cubed and browned
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped and sauted
- 14 ounces beef broth
- 1 large russet potato, peel and cubed
- 8 ounces frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 10 1⁄4 ounces beef gravy, campbells
- salt and pepper
- cornstarch, if needed to thicken gravy filling
- 1 double crust pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut meat into small pieces,dredge in flour and brown .
- Saute onion.
- Add beef broth and cook till meat is tender.
- Peel and cube potato,cook firm in saucepan and drain,set aside.
- Add all filling together and cool.This is important otherwise crust will be mushy.
- Pour into prepared crusts.Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 425 for 15 minutes then 350 for 20 minutes more.
- If making deep dish pies use 1 1/4 lb meat,3/4 bag veggies and 2 lg potatoes.Also I like crisco pie crust for this recipe.Make 1 and ahalf times crisco recipe for 6 deep dish pot pies.