Recipe by Tebo
A comfort type soup. Good on those long cold winter nights.
Top Review by *Parsley*
This soup is really yummy! I made no changes to the recipe and wouldn't change a thing. It's quite different from other onion soups (in a good way). The parmesan cheese sprinkle was a perfect addition. Thanx!
- 4 cups thinly sliced onions
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon Kitchen Bouquet (or use 3 Tbs soy sauce)
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (I use more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (I use more)
- 4 cups beef broth or 4 cups beef bouillon
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onions in large saucepan over low heat in butter 30 minutes or more stirring occasionally.
- Add Kitchen Bouquet and beef.
- Stir to break up meat, cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Stir in flour and seasonings.
- Add beef broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.