Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nigella Lawson's recipe. The cooking time does not include refrigeration overnight.
- 500 g beef rump, cut in 2 . 5cm cubes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons good quality red wine vinegar or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 60 ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- 200 ml creme fraiche
- 4 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Combine in freezer bag: beef, red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce, rosemary, olive oil, worcestershire, and port. Marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Soak about 10 bamboo skewers in warm water for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, bring the meat to room temperature and heat a grill or griddle.
- Thread a few pieces of meat on each skewer and cook 3 minutes per side (or until they reach desired doneness).
- Whisk together Crème fraiche, 4 tablespoons horseradish sauce, and dijon mustard. Serve alongside beef skewers.