Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3⁄4 lb bottom round steak
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 8 mushrooms (Fresh)
- 1⁄2 lb bean sprouts
- 6 ounces bamboo shoots (can)
- 3 green onions (scallions)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cups egg noodles, dried
- to taste deep frying oil
- Slice beef about 1 inch long 1/2 inch wide and as thin as possible. Mix the salt, sugar and soy sauce together and mix well, then ad the beef and marinate for at least one hour, longer for more flavor.
- Wash and slice the mushrooms, including stems.
- Slice the bamboo into thin strips; slice the scallions into 1 inch pieces; soak, rinse and drain the bean sprouts.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch and beef stock together.
- Drain the beef reserving the marinade. Heat the sesame oil and stir fry the beef for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Ad the cornstarch mixture and remaining marinade, bring to a boil stirring constantly; ad the vegetables and simmer for 5 minutes longe r.
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes; drain thoroughly.
- Deep fry as needed draining on absorbent paper.
- Beat the egg adding 1 tablespoon water and pour onto lightly oiled skillet. Make a small thin omelet and slice into thin strips.
- Place cooked noodles on hot dish, top with beef mixture and garnish with the strips of omelet. Makes 4 servings.
Great easy to cook, very, very moreish
This tasted really good and was easy to make. IMHO it was missing some garlic though. We decided to add garlic the next time and also to use more cornstarch, the sauce was a bit too thin for our tastes. Also there was very little marinade, so we doubled it, but when it came to "drain the beef reserving the marinade" there was still only the tiniest puddle. Is it supposed to be like that? Anyway, these are very small quick fixes and really just personal preference. All in all it tasted really good and we will prepare it again with the changes. Thanks for sharing.