Recipe by Pierre Dance
This is another excellent stir fry written in a hand I don't recognize. It is quite good however. The times are a guess. Freezing the meat the night before makes slicing easier.
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock (homade is best)
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine (dry sherry will work)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons thai sriracha chili sauce (I like "Flying Goose" brand)
- peanut oil, as needed
- 1 lb top sirloin steak
- 10 scallions, cut into 3/4 inch pieces tops and all
- 1 inch fresh ginger, freshly grated
- 4 cloves garlic, freshly minced
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 1 cup baby carrots, jullienne
- 4 -5 sprigs fresh thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the steak into 1 1/2 inch wide strips, with the grain.
- Bag and freeze overnight.
- Cut into 1/8th inch slices across the grain.
- Allow to thaw.
- Mix the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat wok over high heat.
- Add 2 TBS oil, swirl to coat.
- Add 1/3 of the meat.
- Stir fry 4-5 minutes'til brown.
- Remove, set aside.
- Repeat'til all meat is browned and set aside.
- Reheat wok.
- Add 3 TBS oil.
- Swirl to coat.
- Add Scallions, Ginger, Garlic, and Cashews.
- Stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add sauce mixture and meat.
- Cook, stirring all the while'til sauce thickens.
- Serve over Jasmine or Basmati Rice cooked with a green cardamom pod, garnished with Carrots and Thyme leaves.