Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
My Mum used to make this as a casual meal for a large crowd. It makes a great potluck dish.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1⁄2 small cabbage
- Saute the onions in the olive oil, add the ground chuck and cook until brown.
- add half the soup, garlic powder, rice and pepper, stir well. Set aside.
- Shred the cabbage and mix with the remaining soup.
- Spread half the cabbage mix in a greased 13 X 9 " pan.
- Cover with the meat and rice mix.
- Spread remaining cabbage mixture on top.
- Cover with foil and bake 1 to 1 1/4 hours at 350 deg.F.