Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
from $5 dinner mom cookbook
Make and share this Beef Burrito Skillet recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup dried kidney beans
- 3⁄4 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 24 inches corn tortillas
- 1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Soak the dried kidney beans overnight. Drain and rinse the beans. Add the soaked beans to a medium saucepan with at least 2 inches of water covering them. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to medium, and cook 1 1/2 hours, or until the beans are soft.
- While the beans finish cooking, brown the ground meat and drain the excess fat. Return the meat to skillet and add the beans, salsa, cumin, salt and pepper, and 1/2 cup of water. Bring sauce to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tortilla strips, and top with cheese. Remove the skillet from the heat. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes, to allow the cheese to melt.