Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My husband likes horseradish with beef and this recipe makes him happy. I like to serve braised cabbage or slaw with this.
- 2721.55-3175.14 g beef brisket
- 22.18 ml seasoning salt
- 19.71-24.64 ml flour
- 118.29 ml chili sauce
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 141.74 g jar prepared horseradish
- 236.59 ml boiling water
- Sprinkle the beef with seasoned salt; coat evenly with flour.
- Set on a rack in a roasting pan and roast at 450 F.
- for 30 minutes.
- Combine the chili sauce, ketchup, and horseradish; mix well and spoon over meat.
- Pour boiling water into bottom of pan; cover.
- Reduce temperature to 350 F.
- and return meat to oven.
- Continue roasting about 3 hours, or until meat is tender.
- If desired, thicken cooking liquid for gravy.
This is very good. I used a smaller brisket and adjusted the cooking time accordingly. Came out very moist and tender with great flavor. My only problem with it was there was no liquid left in the pan even after doubling the water. Next time I will check during cooking and add as necessary. Thanks for sharing!
I loved the idea of the horseradish as a main sauce ingredient. We also have to dip our beef into it at the table. But I wasn't crazy about the method of cooking this one. The meat was starting to get dry at the 2 hour mark. No big deal, we ate early! Everyone liked the flavor of the meat but there just wasn't any liquid left over to make a sauce or gravy for dipping our rolls. I still prefer the braising method for brisket but I may make this one again too. Thanks for sharing, Miss Annie!