Recipe by Hag chef
We often have this soup on Sunday afternoons in the winter. It is quick and easy, hearty and filling. Serve it with fresh hot homemade biscuits or fresh bread. Yumm. Real comfort food.
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
This was a nice, easy & hearty soup. I needed something super easy and with ingredients on hand and this was perfect! :) I made it just as directed and we did find it a bit bland for our tastes, so in the future I'll probably add chili powder, cayenne or hot sauce to give it a little more kick. Thanks for posting, Hag chef!
- 1 lb ground beef, lean
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, dried
- 2 teaspoons basil, dried
- 1 cup pasta, uncooked
- 8 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef in a dutch oven or heavy stock pot, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped onion and green pepper, and saute for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans, tomatoes, onion soup mix, parsley, basil, water.
- Bring to a boil, add the pasta.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10- 20 minutes, until pasta is cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.