Tuna, Bacon and Sweetcorn Patties
- Ready In:
- Boil the potatoes in lightly salted water for 7-10 minutes or until tender. Drain them and mash, season and leave to cool.
- While you cook the potatoes, heat a frying pan, add the bacon and cook over a medium heat for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the onion and continue to cook until the onion is soft and golden the bacon is just crisping.
- Add the sweetcorn, stir over the heat for a couple of minutes then leave it to cool.
- In a bowl, mix the cooled mash and bacon mixtures together, then carefully add the tuna.
- Season to taste, then shape the mixture into 4 patties, flatten so that they are no more than 1 1/2in thick. Cover and chill until required.
- Lightly dust your patties with flour and pan-fry in a little sunflower oil for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Don’t turn them too often as they can fall to bits - they are still yummy even if they do though!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)