Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a super-fast, and great tasting every day meal, I make this using my Parmesan meatball recipe in place of the steak!
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1⁄2 lb fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup dry onion soup mix (I just use one package Lipton's onion soup mix)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 (375 g) package broad egg noodles, cooked
- Season beef cubes with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, cook steak in butter and oil over medium heat until browned (about 5 minutes).
- Add onions, garlic, mushrooms and chili flakes; cook until onion is tender (about 6-7 minutes).
- In a bowl, whisk together sour cream and flour, then whisk half and half cream and ketchup; stir well.
- Gradually add in half and half cream into the skillet with the onion soup mix; stir to combine and bring to a boil, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add in Parmesan cheese; mix to combine.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add in the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with parsely, and serve with pasta.