Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe that is full of flavor and and bursting with flavor and color. Adapted from a Southern Living recipe, try this you won't be disappointed.
- 3 bunches green onions
- 2 lbs thinly sliced beef round steak
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 medium red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Wash and slice green onions into 2" pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Clean and remove seed from bell peppers and thinly slice. Add to bowl with onions.
- Mince garlic and add to bowl.
- Cut steak into thin slices across the grain and add to the bowl.
- Sprinkle with 4 Tablespoons cornstarch and 6 Tablespoons soy sauce, tossing to coat.
- In a large skillet, saute beef mixture in the vegetable/sesame oil combination, over medium high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until meat is done and peppers are crisp tender.
- Whisk together the beef broth, vinegar, red pepper flakes and the remaining 2 Tablespoons of corn starch. Add to beef mixture in skillet and bring to a rolling boil. Cook for 1 minute.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.