Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
This is from the Garlic Lover's Cookbook, another recipe tried and loved. Thank you MichEgan for this delightful book Cookbook Swap 2007. This is a very simple dish to make for a weekend or weeknight dinner. Can be dressed up for company without much fuss. A very adaptable recipe. Aromatic and delicious!
Top Review by MarraMamba
This was very good, a quick and easy stir fry. next time i will use more garlic bc even though it seems like more than enough it got a little lost in the sauce (but then im a garlic fanatic)
- 1 lb beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb bok choy, sliced
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat beef broth
- 1 tomatoes, peeled and cut into eighths
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix beef and garlic and let sit for 10 minutes. Sauté beef and garlic in a nonstick pan sprayed with vegetable oil.
- When beef is done, remove from pan.
- In same pan, sauté green onions and bok choy until vegetables are tender.
- Return beef to pan and add soy sauce, oyster sauce, beef broth, and tomato wedges and cook for 3 minutes, med high. (varies depending on pan size, fuel, thickness of pan).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Great served over rice, noodles or alone with a side.
- I have also made without bok choy and used slice green peppers and water chestnuts, baby corn. As I said, very versatile.