Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are very tasty and easy to make
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 1 cup yoghurt or 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt. Add cheese and onion and mix with a fork.
- Whisk yoghurt, melted butter, eggs and jalapeno together. Add to dry ingredients. Stir until evenly moistened.
- Bake in lined muffin cups at 400 F for 15 minute.
- Delicious on it's own or with cream cheese.
Mmmmm, what a tasty treat! These muffins are really, really yummy! They are spicy yet not overly so and have a great cheesy fluffly crunchy texture. I made a few changes due to dietary restrictions and what I had on hand: I used a yellow chili pepper as jalapenos were out, left out the sugar and used whole spelt flour in place of the ap. It all worked our really well and I couldnt stop munching on these treats. :) THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your wonderful recipe with us, Pink! Made and reviewed for 1-2-3-Hit Wonders May 2010.
YUM! i felt like making something savoury instead of sweet today, and found this recipe and couldn't resist. I switched up a few things due to not having them on hand, and also added some things i wanted to use up. I didn't have any sour cream, plain yogurt or milk for that matter, so I used cream cheese? Random but only thing I could think of and they turned out very nicely! I also added some finely chopped ham, and used half whole wheat flour with half white flour, and as per recommendations a little less sugar. Either way I highly recommend, and can't imagine these turning out badly any way you make them! Thanks for the great recipe, will be sure to make again!
Very good, and easy to make too! I had to add a bit of milk though because the batter was quite dry and only used 1 ts of sugar. Delicious muffins! Thank you for sharing!