Recipe by queenbeatrice
These are very tasty and easy to make
Top Review by Lalaloula
Mmmmm, what a tasty treat! These muffins are really, really yummy! They are spicy yet not overly so and have a great cheesy fluffly crunchy texture. I made a few changes due to dietary restrictions and what I had on hand: I used a yellow chili pepper as jalapenos were out, left out the sugar and used whole spelt flour in place of the ap. It all worked our really well and I couldnt stop munching on these treats. :) THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your wonderful recipe with us, Pink! Made and reviewed for 1-2-3-Hit Wonders May 2010.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 1 cup yoghurt or 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt. Add cheese and onion and mix with a fork.
- Whisk yoghurt, melted butter, eggs and jalapeno together. Add to dry ingredients. Stir until evenly moistened.
- Bake in lined muffin cups at 400 F for 15 minute.
- Delicious on it's own or with cream cheese.