Pepper Jack Cheese Muffins
photo by Twiggyann
- Ready In:
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Mix buttermilk, butter, and eggs.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, cheese, sugar, baking powder, parsley, baking soda, salt and pepper.
- Add to bowl with buttermilk mixture. Stir together until just moistened. Do not overbeat.
- Fill greased muffin pan 2/3 full and bake at 400 F for 15 to 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I've been married to my husband since Leap Day 1992. We met at Clark AB, Republic of the Philippines, at the terminal when we were both trying to get home on leave. Once we got back to Clark, it took a year before we started dating. We told all our friends that we weren't serious about one another. They told us we were. 4 years later, we found out they were right. <br /> <br />Our food tastes couldn't have been more different. I grew up with bland foods since my mother never had been exposed to spicy foods. He loved HEAT. Slowly we've grown more alike in our food tastes but the day he ate a brussel sprout in front of me nearly ended our relationship. *laugh* <br /> <br />He's retired from the Air Force, I got out after 4 years in, so we're both civilian again. <br /> <br />We are the parents of 2 wonderful girls and a super handsome boy-- all dogs. In my spare time I knit and spin. <br /> <br /> <br /> </p>