Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My DH and I hate beans of every sort but love chili. We're freaks- I'm perfectly aware of this. lol :) So I whipped this up and lived out a life-long ambition of eating chili without having to pick around all those nasty beans! So- Fellow Bean-Haters unite and enjoy your first real bite of chili!! :)
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- Brown ground beef and onion in the bottom of a dutch oven or large pot, stirring to crumble.
- Drain beef and onion on paper towels and return to pot.
- Pour in tomato juice, tomato sauce, can of water, and seasonings.
- Simmer on med-high for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Mmmmmm. No-bean goodness. :).