A simple and easy to prepare soup that can be made the day ahead.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 55mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 16 ounces canned kidney beans
- 16 ounces canned tomatoes
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup small macaroni noodles, cooked
- Brown beef and onion.
- Stir in chili powder; add kidney beans, tomatoes and water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce to simmer and cook covered for 1 1/2 hours.
- Fold in cooked macaroni and simmer for 15 minutes more.
- May be prepared ahead and refrigerated.
- Serves 10.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a nice surprise. There really isn't any spice except the chili powder yet this was full of flavor. My only change was I used 1 cup less water so it wasn't so soupy. Of course DH added salt but I felt it really didn't need any. Served cornbread on the side for a very delicious meal. Thanks for posting. :)Reply
see 6 more