Recipe by Freya
I found this on TheOtherWhiteMeat.com. Do NOT omit the dill pickle relish/chips, they really make the sandwich. I do believe, in certain parts of the country, that this is called a Loose Meat Sandwich, but don't quote me on that :)
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1⁄2 onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (or more)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground red pepper (like cayenne)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 hamburger buns
- dill pickle relish or dill pickle slices
- yellow mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, crumble the pork and cook until no longer pink inside.
- Stir in the beer, garlic and onion; simmer for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Stir in the ground pepper, cumin and coriander.
- Mix well and simmer for 5 - 10 minutes to let the flavors blend.
- Serve on buns topped with mustard and dill pickle relish/chips.