Recipe by Windchime
A very tasty variation on an old stand-by --- meatballs!
Top Review by Cindy-in-the-Kitchen
I love the BBQ sauce this recipe makes! Confession time: Not only is this great on meatballs, but I have also put the sauce on "Little Smokies" sausages for parties and once for a potluck, I cut up hotdogs! It is totally delicious, and there are never leftovers. More confessions...I use frozen meatballs to make the whole thing easier. Thanks for sharing this with us!
- 1 1⁄2 cups chili sauce (12 oz.)
- 1 cup grape jelly or 1 cup grape jam
- 1 -3 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chili sauce, grape jelly and mustard in crockpot; stir well.
- Cover and cook on High while preparing meatballs.
- To prepare meatballs; mix ingredients with hands.
- Shape into 20 1-1/2 inch balls.
- Bake in an ungreased oblong pan (13x9x2) in a 400°F oven until light brown, 20-25 minutes.
- OR: cover and microwave meatballs in an ungreased baking dish, 6 minutes on High, turning once.
- OR: cook over medium heat in frying pan, turning occasionally, until brown, about 20 minutes.
- Add cooked meatballs to sauce in crockpot.
- Stir well to coat, cover and cook on Low for 6-8 hours or High for 4 hours.
- (Low is recommended).
- To serve as appetizers, make small meatballs and serve on toothpicks.
- To serve as a main meal, make regular size meatballs and serve over flat noodles.