Prep 35 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A very tasty variation on an old stand-by --- meatballs!
Make and share this BBQ Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- Combine chili sauce, grape jelly and mustard in crockpot; stir well.
- Cover and cook on High while preparing meatballs.
- To prepare meatballs; mix ingredients with hands.
- Shape into 20 1-1/2 inch balls.
- Bake in an ungreased oblong pan (13x9x2) in a 400°F oven until light brown, 20-25 minutes.
- OR: cover and microwave meatballs in an ungreased baking dish, 6 minutes on High, turning once.
- OR: cook over medium heat in frying pan, turning occasionally, until brown, about 20 minutes.
- Add cooked meatballs to sauce in crockpot.
- Stir well to coat, cover and cook on Low for 6-8 hours or High for 4 hours.
- (Low is recommended).
- To serve as appetizers, make small meatballs and serve on toothpicks.
- To serve as a main meal, make regular size meatballs and serve over flat noodles.
I love the BBQ sauce this recipe makes! Confession time: Not only is this great on meatballs, but I have also put the sauce on "Little Smokies" sausages for parties and once for a potluck, I cut up hotdogs! It is totally delicious, and there are never leftovers. More confessions...I use frozen meatballs to make the whole thing easier. Thanks for sharing this with us!
very quick and easy. I made this for a FACs class assignment and we loved it. will make again.
I'm not a big meatball fan, but this was very good.