Recipe by dale!
My husband loves anything with BBQ sauce so I found this one on the net just for him. It's so easy to make too.
Top Review by sml212
I really like the concept of this recipe--barbecue flavored rice. I used some leftover, cut up chicken, about 1 & 1/2 cups. I think turkey could also substitute for the chicken. And I also didn't have instant rice so i used regular rice. I used 2 cups of water to one cup of regular white rice and a little bit more barbeque sauce. I poured some of the water into the BBQ sauce bottle and shook it all around to get every last bit. The recipe turned out very good. I used a big iron skillet, with some oil, to lightly fry my leftover chicken. Then I poured in my liquid and added my rice. I allowed the rice to simmer on low heat until it was done. Thanks for the great ideas.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large non-stick skillet, over medium/high heat.
- Add chicken, and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Remove from skillet.
- Add 1 cup of water, barbecue sauce and corn to skillet.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in minute rice.
- Top with chicken.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir and serve.