Instant Pot Bourbon BBQ Chicken
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, paprika and bourbon; whisk well to combine and set aside.
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode, add oil and onion and cook for 3 minutes until onion is softened.
- Add chicken thighs and sauce and stir gently to coat.
- Cover, lock the lid and set the valve to the sealing position. Set to Pressure Cook on high for 15 minutes.
- When cook time is done, quick release the pressure and remove the lid.
- Remove 1 cup of the liquid and set aside.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks and add remaining ¼ cup of barbecue sauce.
- Serve warm.
- Serves: 6; Calories: 232; Total Fat: 6 grams; Saturated Fat: 1 gram; Total Carbohydrate: 15 grams; Sugars: 11 grams; Protein: 29 grams; Sodium: 558 milligrams; Cholesterol: 132 milligrams; Fiber: 1 gram.
Very similar to a recipe for enchiladas, except substitute taco seasoning for the BBQ sauce! Same timeframe and shreding process.....roll amounts into tortilla wraps in a baking dish, than spread enchilada sauce over them and sprinkle a Mexican cheese blend on top. Bake at 350F until cheese melts and sauce bubbles.
HORRIBLE! I should have listened to my gut instinct that said the BBQ sauce was going to burn on the bottom of the pot. I didn't, and it did giving me a burn notice. I barely salvaged the chicken and threw it on the grill, not what I wanted to do after a long day at work. I would NOT recommend this recipe to anyone! BEWARE!!