Recipe by rosie316
This is a spread I have been making for many years. It goes great with crackers (Saltines are my favorite) or with thinly sliced cocktail breads. (I'm not really sure why it was ever called a "dip"... it is definitely a "spread"). It is a very quick recipe and super easy to make. Can be made a day ahead and refrigerated for ease of serving at a party, just let sit out of the fridge for about 20 minutes before serving to soften a bit. Enjoy!
- 118.29 ml minced onion
- 113.39 g cream cheese (softened)
- 453.59 g braunschweiger sausage (I like Dubuque, but your favorite brand will work)
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- crackers (your favorite) or cocktail bread, for serving (your favorite)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in small fry pan and saute the minced onions 8-10 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until softened. Remove from heat and drain. Set aside.
- Remove Braunschweiger from its wrapper and mix it in a bowl with the softened cream cheese. Once combined well, add in sauteed onion and black pepper.
- Serve along side your choice of crackers or cocktail bread (or even try some raw veggies with it).