Moroccan Party Dip
Taken from a Healthy Meals in Minutes card
- Ready In:
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro or 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a blender or food processor fitted with metal blades, process garlic until minced.
- Add cilantro and process until finely chopped, about 10-20 seconds.
- Add chick peas, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper sauce.
- Process until very smooth, about 1 minute, scraping down sides of bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Please in a serving bowl and chill until needed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I really really liked this dip, it has a wonderful fresh flavour and is quite healthy. I forgot the olive oil and it still tasted great. I made the recipe and removed 1/2 of the dip which I turned into a hummus by adding olive oil and tahini. Super easy way of getting to different but complimenting dips in no time! I will be making this many times. Made for PRMR Holiday Special.Reply
If you're looking for a healthy, citrusy dip that's super quick and super easy to make, try this recipe! I omitted the hot pepper sauce and doubled the garlic (personal taste preferences). I used fresh parsley in mine. :)YUMMY! And shall be trying the cilantro version next time I make it, and doubling the quantity.' I'd happily make a meal of this with a simple salad and some kalamata olives any time!Reply
YUM, YUM, YUM!!! This is an outstanding hummus version! I really liked the blend of flavours and how easy it was to prepare (even without a food processor). Since Im allergic to lemons, I simply used the liquid of the chickpeas instead and that worked out beautifully. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful keeper of a recipe with us, Sam! It will be a staple for parties at my house from now on. Made and reviewed for PRMR Octobre 09.Reply
see 3 more