Moroccan Chickpea Dip
No need to feel guilty about snacking on this dip!! It's great!! I snagged it off a recipe card and I like the fact that the hot sauce eliminates a need for loads of salt.
- Ready In:
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (I use Tobasco, and you can add more if you like it spicy!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- In food processor process garlic until minced.
- Add cilantro and process until finely chopped, 10 - 20 seconds.
- Add chick-peas, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and hot sauce.
- Process until very smooth.
- Place dip in serving bowl and refrigerate until chilled and ready to serve.
- Serve with veggie slices, pita wedges, fat free pretzels or other chips.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This dip was so easy to prepare and a lovely texture, however I did not care for the flavor. I believe this is just a personal taste difference. The recipe ingredients called for olive oil, however the instructions did not say when to include it, so I added it in Step 3 and this seemed to do well. I tried it with carrots, but maybe it would have been better with a chip. I am sure this would tingle someone elseâ€™s tastebuds. Prepared in participation of My 3 Chefs! Thanks Mistress of Tea.Reply