Recipe by Barb G.
Another good Flank Steak recipe, serve with mashed potatoes or rice, a green salad and burgundy wine.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 1 potato, shredded
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon pimiento, chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- kitchen string
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can onion soup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 1/4 inch deep slits in a crosshatch pattern across both sides of flank steak.
- Combine next 5 ingredients and salt to taste in bowl.
- Spread mixture on meat.
- Roll up and tie securely with string.
- Heat oil in heavy non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute steak 2 minutes per side until browned.
- Discard drippings.
- Stir in soup, reduce heat to very low, cover cover and simmer 1 and 1/2 hours, Transfer to platter.
- Pour pan juices into glass measuring cup.
- If necessary, add enough water to equal 1 cup.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/2 water in a jar with a tight fitting lid, Shake vigorously and stir into pot along with measured liquid.
- Sir over medium heat until thickened.
- Cut rolled meat crosswise into 1 inch slices.
- serve with sauce poured meat.