Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Ever have one of those..."Oh, I just have to stop what I'm doing and make this...now"...moments?! That totally happened to me this weekend. I stopped what I was doing (rather, procrastinated on what I was supposed to be doing) and made these little goodies. Best part is the recipe makes plenty...enough to eat and freeze! Here's what happened before I had "that" moment. I had just grabbed Sandy Coughlin's new book, Reluctant Entertainer, and I was hoping to find a recipe to try this month. Wouldn't you know that I flipped to her "Best Strawberry Bread" recipe...and wouldn't you know that my mom left for us half full boxes of raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries. How 'bout that! Mixed Berry Bread it is!!! I made a few adaptions to Sandy's recipe...because I wanted to use whole wheat flour, and I also wanted to try it with part-sucanat, part sugar. Tasty. That is all. And I leave you with the Mixed Berry Bread.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sucanat (substitute 1 cup white sugar)
- 1 cup vegetable oil or 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups whole wheat flour (If use all-purpose flour, omit the milk)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups mixed berries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease 2 large loaf pans, or 1 large loaf pan and 8 mini-loaf tins.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, add all the wet ingredients and stir for a minute or until well blended.
- Add the dry ingredients and continue mixing batter until smooth.
- Turn off and fold in the berries. Pour batter into the greased pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes (mini-loaves) or 55-60 minutes for large loaves.
- Let cool slightly before slicing and serving.