Recipe by berry271
A tasty and refreshing salad. Nice to prepare ahead for company. An adaptation of a recipe from Marilyn Perzik on Allrecipes.com. I like to sprinkle the croutons on individual servings just before eating.
- 3 bell peppers
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 onion
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Seed and dice the peppers and tomatoes.
- Peel, seed, and dice the cucumber.
- Peel and dice the onion.
- Toss vegetables in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the vinegar, oil, and seasonings.
- Pour over vegetables and toss.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
- If desired add croutons before serving.