Recipe by Barb G.
This fool-proof cooking method also works with long-grain white rice and jasmine rice. The recipe comes from Cooking Light.
Top Review by Rita~
I enjoyed this very much. Comfort food! I disagree with the other reviewer. I found it full of flavor. Between the garlic, ginger, basil and mint it was full of flavor. The only changes I did was using brown rice in which that led me to use 3 cups of chicken broth. I did heat olive oil adding ginger and garlic stirred in the rice. Then I added the herbs and pepper. Transfered all to my rice cooker with the broth and let it do it`s thing. Thanks Barb!
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place rice in a fine-mesh strainer; rinse with cold water and then drain.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; Add ginger and garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Stir in rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly; add remaining ingredients, stirring to combine; bring to a boil.
- Cover; wrap handle of pan with foil; Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove rice from oven; fluff rice with a fork, Serve.