Coconut Basmati Rice
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup white basmati rice, rinsed well
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 piece cinnamon stick (1 1/2 inches)
- 1⁄4 cup currants or 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 dried chili
- In a saucepan, add water; bring to a boil.
- Add the rice and remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- Return to a boil.
- Stir, cover; reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick and dried chile.
- Stir to fluff the rice and stir.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation