Coconut-Cashew Basmati Rice
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1⁄4 cup roasted cashews, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add coconut and cashews. Cook, stirring, until coconut is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Return pan to heat. Add butter, sugar, salt and rice. Stir until rice is glossy, 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, until tender, about 20 minutes. Stir into coconut and cashews.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love great food and I particularly like trying cuisines new to me! Although I don't prepare as much food as I used to, creating in my kitchen is still one of my favourite things to do. Enjoy!