Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are like a reverse chocolate chip cookie!
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup good unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs good white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the butter and 2 sugars until light and fluffy in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Add the vanilla, then the eggs, 1 at a time, and mix well.
- Add the cocoa and mix again.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt and add to the chocolate with the mixer on low speed until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped white chocolate.
- Drop the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, using a 1 3/4-inch ice cream scoop or a rounded tablespoon.
- Dampen your hands and flatten the dough slightly.
- Bake for exactly 15 minutes (the cookies will seem underdone).
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly on the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Made a nice big, chewy cookie! Almost a fudgy middle. I didn't have XL eggs, so I just used 2 Large. I also added 1 cup mini chocolate chips and 1 cup chopped up Wilton white chocolate wafers that I had left over from making dipped pretzels. Will add walnuts or pecans the next time I make them and play around with the chip flavors; maybe butterscotch or peanut butter. I think it's the brown sugar in these that I love!
wow... they're so simple but they are amazing!! I used andes mint-chocolate chips instead of white chocolate, but I'll make these again!
I'm not a fan of White choc chips so I use Nestle Semi-sweet Choc chunks. OMG! These are the best! I also used 3 large eggs in place of the 2 XL eggs. My son went ape^#%@ over these calling them the best I ever made. I had to give credit to Ina of course and let him know she was coming out with a new CB in Oct 08'. The look he gave me was a puzzled one, but I know deep down he's just as thrilled as I am. TY for posting!