Best Ever Chocolate Chunk Cookies
I got this recipe from one of the first issues of Chocolatier magazine several years ago. I have tried other versions of chocolate chip cookies since, but none have been as good as these.
- Ready In:
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (3 ounces)
- 12 ounces coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate chunks (Four 3-ounce chocolate bars such as Lindt or Tobler)
- vegetable shortening, for the baking sheets
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla and salt and beat with a spoon until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and baking soda.
- Stir in the flour, walnuts and chocolate.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Using 2 to 3 tablespoons of dough for each cookie, shape the dough into balls and place on the lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies spring back when very lightly touched.
- Cool on the sheets for 2 minutes, transfer to paper towels to cool for about 2 minutes, and transfer to racks to cool.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I've searched high and low for the Chocolatier magazine I saved through many moves and somehow have managed to lose, with butter stains all over it. So I was thrilled to find it here. I'm with you, the best chocolate chip cookies ever. Thank you so much for not only sharing, but referencing Chocolatier magazine.Reply
see 4 more