Original Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Ready In:
5 dozen cookies
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened (or margarine)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chunks, Nestle Toll House Brand is recommended for this recipe
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, sugars and vanilla in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chunks and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this as bars, twice in three days. First time I skipped the nuts, and part melted the choc chips which gave the whole tray a chocolately flavour, our preference, which we felt was 5 stars. However today have made this as stated, minus nuts, which is still great, but only 4 star for us. I will definitely make these again, but continue to part melt the choc chips. I quadrupled the batch as they freeze beautifully. Thanks for posting.
These cookies were quite tasty! The cooking temp/time was spot on. I baked them for 9 minutes and they were perfect! I loved the cake part of the cookie most. I used some expensive semi-sweet Hershey chips, I think they were 60% cacao (that I got on sale), and I should have just used milk chocolate as the chips had too much bite for me but DBF really liked them! I'll definitely be making these again. Thanks for posting!