Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I stumbled upon this recipe years ago in a tattered ground beef cookbook. Glad I gave it a try! My family loves this and I've been making it ever since. The sauce goes well with any kind of barbecue. I use it on everything from ribs to chicken to meatloaf!
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cups ketchup
- Mix ground chuck, eggs, oats, milk, onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Mixture will be soft.
- Shape into 2-inch balls.
- In a large skillet, add oil and heat until hot.
- Add meatballs and brown on all sides.
- They do not have to be cooked through.
- Place in a 13x9-inch baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- In the meantime, mix together mustard, worcestershire sauce and vinegar.
- I use a whisk to mix it well.
- Add the brown sugar and mix well.
- Then add the ketchup. Mix well.
- Pour over meatballs, making sure to cover them well.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour at 350F or until bubbly and cooked through.