Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
This dish is not spicy hot, bit there is a little zip in this sauce. You can substitute ground beef for the stew meat.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 lb sirloin, cut into 1 inch cubes or 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, heavy skillet, sauté onions in butter or margarine over medium heat. Add meat, and cook until browned.
- Mix in mustard, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, salt, pepper and ketchup. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until sauce coats the meat. Serve hot over hot cooked rice.