Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
OK, stop looking! This is heavenly! This was served at a restaurant's holiday party by my uncle and I have been approached by the owner to give them the recipe. You have to try this simple, yet WONDERFUL, dessert. The cream mixture is what makes this different and wonderful!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup, well drained
- 4 medium bananas
- 1 (9 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 chopped pecans
- Combine MELTED butter and Graham Crackers.
- Pat in bottom of 13 x 9 x 2 pan.
- Beat eggs on high speed 4 minutes (critical of time).
- Add powdered sugar, softened butter and vanilla and beat 5 minutes more on high.
- Spread over crumbs evenly.
- Chill for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Spread pineapples over cream mixture.
- Arrange bananas over the pineapples.
- Cover with Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle with nuts and then place a few cherries.
- Cover, refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
Hi Stephanie, this is absolutetly WONDERFUL!!! Your directions are clear and easy to follow. I made this exactly as stated except I did not have any cherries for garnish. Thanks for sharing a great recipe. :-)
I think I died and went to heaven!! This was a real winner. I did not use any cherries but it was suberb..
This IS great. I used the cherries and it looked like the real thing! Being the lazy sort, I used a prepared graham cracker pie crust (the extra large size).