Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here's a lower-fat and sugar version of the popular Banana Split Dessert. One serving has approx 194 calories and 6 grams of fat. That's about 4 weight watcher's points.
- 2 cups low fat graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons reduced fat margarine, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk, cold
- 2 (3 ounce) packages sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, drained
- 8 ounces fat-free cool whip
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- 10 maraschino cherries, quartered
- Combine cracker crumbs and margarine; press on the bottom of a 9 x 13 dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the milks and the pudding mixes and whisk for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Spread pudding evenly over crust. Layer with bananas, drained pineapple and then whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with nuts; drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with cherries.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Cut into 15 servings.
Wow! I knew this would be good, but I didn't know it would be this good! It actually tasted like a real banana split. I opted to use strawberries instead of cherries, and it turned out amazing! I also made it more low fat by not using any nuts. I think next time I may try making it in martini glasses! Oh, and I also used just one small box of pudding. Perfect amount. Thanks so much for this super easy and delicious recipe!
I brought this to a bbq at my moms and we all liked it. ( my sisters bf wanted to take some home) I made the recipe as stated, the only problem I had was with the pudding size. the largest size of sf pudding is 1.5 oz. so i figured it was suppose to be that size, however the pudding became thick (too thick) within secconds, so iam guessing it is suppose to be two small boxes of the sf pudding? that would be two 1 oz boxes? there was enough pudding to spread around as it was too thick so i made a small box and "patched" in the holes..... all in all it we enoyed it. thanks
This recipe is great! It really does remind you of a banana slpit. I also used sugar free Chocolate syrup. I took some of it to work with me as it was too much for just my husband and I. The crew loved it and couldn't believe it was low calorie.