Recipe by Pam-I-Am
Here's a lower-fat and sugar version of the popular Banana Split Dessert. One serving has approx 194 calories and 6 grams of fat. That's about 4 weight watcher's points.
Top Review by Sugar Doll
Wow! I knew this would be good, but I didn't know it would be this good! It actually tasted like a real banana split. I opted to use strawberries instead of cherries, and it turned out amazing! I also made it more low fat by not using any nuts. I think next time I may try making it in martini glasses! Oh, and I also used just one small box of pudding. Perfect amount. Thanks so much for this super easy and delicious recipe!
- 2 cups low fat graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons reduced fat margarine, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk, cold
- 2 (3 ounce) packages sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, drained
- 8 ounces fat-free cool whip
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- 10 maraschino cherries, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cracker crumbs and margarine; press on the bottom of a 9 x 13 dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the milks and the pudding mixes and whisk for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Spread pudding evenly over crust. Layer with bananas, drained pineapple and then whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with nuts; drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with cherries.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Cut into 15 servings.