Recipe by sheila
I got this recipe from a friend. This is the greatest recipe ever--it is so good!
Top Review by Teenie4356
I have been using this recipe for years now and realized I have never reviewed it. I make this and take to any function we are attending. Everyone just loves it. I also add a layer of strawberries over the pineapple. Next time I may change it up and add a layer of cherries! Thanks soooo much!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2-1 cup margarine, melted
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (1 lb) boxsifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 -5 bananas, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- maraschino cherry, drained and cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and sugar in mixing bowl. Spread in 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan, pressing slightly up sides of dish.
- Chill 45 minutes.
- Combine softened cream cheese and powered sugar; add vanilla extract into mixture until smooth.
- Spread over crust.
- Put sliced bananas over cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon the drained pineapple over the bananas.
- Spread the Cool Whip over top.
- Sprinkle with nuts and cherries.
- Chill 3 hours.