Recipe by Chris Reynolds
I found this recipe in a Kraft magazine. Prep time does not include refrigeration time. Recipe hounds, please note Deely's review! I have changed the pan size to 8x8 because Deely says this recipe will not make enough to fill a 9x13 pan. If a larger dessert is needed, please double the recipe.
Top Review by tammy
I was just getting ready to post this delicious recipe then realized it was already posted. This is an awesome dessert. I've made it several times and the kids love it. I used an 8 x 8 pan even though the original Kraft recipe does say 13x9 inch dish.
- 20 vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) Cool Whip, thawed & divided
- 3 medium bananas
- 3 cups milk
- 2 (3 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄2 semi-sweet chocolate baking square, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix wafers and butter. Press firmly into bottom of 8x8 baking dish.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together. Gently fold in 1-1/2 cups of the Cool Whip. Spoon mixture over the crust; carefully spread to cover.
- Cut bananas in half crosswise; cut each piece lengthwise in half. Arrange banana pieces over the cheese mixture.
- Pour milk into a large bowl; add pudding mixes. Beat 2 minutes. Spoon over bananas.
- Spread with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle evenly with chocolate.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours.