My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/8 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar (I used Turbinado)
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup low-fat soymilk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup mashed overripe banana
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, flaxseed, and baking soda.
- 3In a seperate medium bowl, whisk together the water, banana, soymilk, applesauce, and vanilla.
- 4Pour the wet mixture over the dry, stirring until just combined.
- 5Spoon the batter into the cups of a non-stick muffin tin, filling a little more than 3/4 full.
- 6Sprinkle the tops evenly with the pecans, gently pressing them into the batter to make sure they stick.
- 7Bake until lightly brown on the sides - about 15 minutes.
- 8Allow to cool in the muffin tin on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- 9Remove the muffins from the tin and let cool completely on the wire rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Pecan Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.1
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 167.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: