Recipe by Anu
It's really hard to find a recipe for eggless pancakes, and after lots of searching, I found a few pancake recipes and fine-tuned them to come up with this one, which is awfully easy and pretty darn yummy as well! It tastes wonderful with honey, or, if using apples instead of bananas, apple jam! It can easily be veganised using soy milk, or a similar substitution.
Top Review by Kat1
I LOVED this recipe, and the only reason I took away one star was the fact that it was a bit bland in the taste. A great, healthy means of eating for breakfast and I love eating this before a big sports event or game, since I don't like the fat content in foods. To give it a bit more flavor, I suggest adding Cinnamin to the batter, it adds a lot of flavor.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 2 small ripe bananas, , finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
- Stir in milk and bananas just until moistened.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Brown on both sides and serve hot.