Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
It's really hard to find a recipe for eggless pancakes, and after lots of searching, I found a few pancake recipes and fine-tuned them to come up with this one, which is awfully easy and pretty darn yummy as well! It tastes wonderful with honey, or, if using apples instead of bananas, apple jam! It can easily be veganised using soy milk, or a similar substitution.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 2 small ripe bananas, , finely chopped
- In a large bowl, mix all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
- Stir in milk and bananas just until moistened.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Brown on both sides and serve hot.
I LOVED this recipe, and the only reason I took away one star was the fact that it was a bit bland in the taste. A great, healthy means of eating for breakfast and I love eating this before a big sports event or game, since I don't like the fat content in foods. To give it a bit more flavor, I suggest adding Cinnamin to the batter, it adds a lot of flavor.
Substituting whole-wheat flour with cornmeal is a wonderful variation to the recipe! Had them for breakfast yesterday... yum :)
WOW! These are addictive! I used 1/4 ltr. of Fresh milk instead of skim milk and 2 large ripe bananas instead of 2 small ripe ones. I mashed the bananas first and then added that to the sugar-flour mixture. It took me nearly 30 minutes to make these, but it was well worth the effort, because 1000% these are "yum"!! We enjoyed it with evening tea. Great recipe you got here:)!!