Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Original recipe comes from Weight Watchers - 3 pts per serving
Make and share this Banana-Oatmeal Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add oil and eggs; mix thoroughly.
- In another bowl, mash bananas with a potato masher or fork.
- Add bananas and oatmeal to batter.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into pan and bake until top of loaf is firm to touch.
- This should take 45 to 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack for another 10 minutes.
Bananalicious! I had three ripe banana's that needed a home and this bread was caught my eye. The oats make this a nice dense loaf. I made three mini loaves which I baked for 25 minutes and they were done perfectly... DS asked me which one was his, lol! DH was just as bad and stood there drooling as I was taking the photos and even grabbed a slice before I was done! The entire house smelled wonderful while it was baking, so it's no wonder... I usually add cinnamon to my banana bread and missed it in this recipe, next time I'll be sure to add some. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders game.
I thought this was a GREAT recipe! I used all whole wheat flour, applesauce for the oil, Splenda for the brown sugar (didn't use brown sugar at all), added 1 tsp cinn & vanilla. I was nervous as to the amount of bananas the recipe wanted, since they come in all sizes, but I used 1 1/2 cups very ripe, mashed bananas & that worked great! I also added a few tbsp of mini choc chips--yum! I also used 1/2 cup Eggbeaters, not regular eggs. I baked these as jumbo muffins & got 10 (350 degrees for 20 min!). They had a delicious flavor & heartiness. Thank you so much for sharing!
This tasted good though it was dry. You definitely need a glass of milk to wash it down! I tossed in 1 Tbsp. minature chocolate chips which was, of course, a nice addition.