Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
Original recipe comes from Weight Watchers - 3 pts per serving
Top Review by Brooke the Cook in WI
Bananalicious! I had three ripe banana's that needed a home and this bread was caught my eye. The oats make this a nice dense loaf. I made three mini loaves which I baked for 25 minutes and they were done perfectly... DS asked me which one was his, lol! DH was just as bad and stood there drooling as I was taking the photos and even grabbed a slice before I was done! The entire house smelled wonderful while it was baking, so it's no wonder... I usually add cinnamon to my banana bread and missed it in this recipe, next time I'll be sure to add some. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders game.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, unpacked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 medium egg whites, beaten
- 3 large bananas, ripe
- 1 cup rolled oats, uncooked coarse oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add oil and eggs; mix thoroughly.
- In another bowl, mash bananas with a potato masher or fork.
- Add bananas and oatmeal to batter.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into pan and bake until top of loaf is firm to touch.
- This should take 45 to 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack for another 10 minutes.