Recipe by Jane from Ohio
This is another cookie recipe I received in an email. I want to try it and decided to post it for safe keeping. I will guess on the servings, the recipe didn't specify on the amount.
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix shortening, sugar and eggs, mixing well.
- Stir in bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients and nuts.
- Chill dough for 1 hour.
- Drop by teaspoon on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake approximately 12 - 14 minutes at 375°F.
- Icing: Mix cream cheese, butter, milk. vanilla and powdered sugar; beat well.
- Drizzle over top of cookies or frost cookies.